Friday, April 24, 2015

Jaime and Angus in Portland


Jaime and Angus and I go WAY back... like all the way to Kindergarten.  I used to chase Jaime and Angus around the playground at Elkan King.  Appearantly, I had coodies.  We were friends all the way through High School and College.  
  And then one summer when I was home from college, I managed to wreck Angus's car.   I was waiting in the passenger seat while he ran in the house for something.  He had rigged his car to start with a button, like hot-wiring; the first of its kind.  Thinking it would be fun and helpful to start the car for him, I pushed the button.  Unfortunately it was in FIRST gear and parked in his parent's front yard.  It immediately lunged forward and into his porch.   He stepped out of the front door and saw me in the car AND porch.  Only a truly talented person could manage to wreck a car while in the passenger seat. 

They have both moved to Portland.  I last saw Jaime at our wedding open house in Bainbridge in 2007.  I can't remember when I last saw Angus but I play scrabble with his mom daily and saw his sister when we were home for Christmas.  I love how being from a small town allows for friendship to last so long and have so many family connections.   Jaime and Angela (also from Bainbridge) will be moving away soon.  So in trying to make the most of our time,  I met them for dinner a couple weeks later.  They are true hipsters living it up in Portland.   They haven't lost their southern accents, sense of humor, or charm.   It sure is something to have a slice of home on the opposite side of the country.  



1 comment:

mmm... said...

That is so much fun! So nice to have some southern charm in the northwest!